Mexican Tracking Studies
Trendex operates four continuous consumer purchase tracking studies in Mexico. These studies provide program subscribers with a continuous source of marketing intelligence.
TRENDEX MEXICO SYNDICATED PURCHASE TRACKING SERVICES
The information for these continuous consumer purchase tracking studies is based on quarterly 3,000 in-home personal interviews conducted by Marketing Group (Mexico City) in the following fifteen cities. Interviews are conducted primarily with the female head of the household and with all other household members who are present and over the age of 15.
Once the information has been collected it is statistically balanced to reflect the population of Mexico in terms of ages and social class.
A company can receive Trendex’s information in 2 ways:
1) Standardized annual Overview reports
2) Customized reports
Variables that can be used to customize a report include channels of distribution, price paid, age of wearer and cities. (e.g. Men’s dress shirts sold in department stores for 400 and over Pesos)
USES OF THE INFORMATION
Trendex's Mexican information has numerous uses for a company including:
- as a means to analyze both the potential of sales territories and a company’s performance therein
- as a tool rank ordering the potential of individual retailers
- as an input into presentations and sales plans developed for individual retailers
- as a factual basis for developing marketing / advertising plans
- as a tool for company executives to monitor industry
developments / trends